Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valley of the Sun recap

We raced and raced hard for it only to be February.

I'll post more about the races later.
More about the races.......Friday we had the 14 mile time trial. By the time I went the conditions had changed and the out route was faster than the route back to finish. I pushed pretty hard but came up short of mid pack time. My tt bike performed well I just need to get used to riding in that position.
The road race was 71 miles. I was very happy with my ride on the road race considering this race was only my 5th ride outside this year. I got dropped on the 4th time up the hill that was on the 16 mile loop and finished solo. Devin finshed 12th, which is freaking awesome. Dave T. finished just off the main pack too.
The crit was super fast. I got dropped from that after about 13 minutes of the 40 minute race. I'm definitely not in crit shape. The road race was allowed me to hide out in the comfort of the pack but the crit was strung out from the time they dropped the flagged.
By far this is the biggest race I have been involved in other than Gateway Cup. I'm looking forward to going back next year. I know now I will train alot more and be better prepared to improve on my results from this year.

For now though a couple photos. First shot is the entire Hub crew that came out to race. Second shot is one of me with Rashaan Bahati. I was hoping I got an opportunity to meet him and I did.















3 comments:

billh said...

So Chris, you brought your Fuji after all? Nice. Midpack in the TT sounds pretty good result, with all those west coast guys, didn't see many from east of the Mississippi. :) Meeting Bahati alone must have made that trip worthwhile, then all the great races icing on the cake.

Country Grammar said...

That is cool you got to meet Bahati. I'll catch up with you when crit season gets going around here.
Bryan

Boz said...

Sounds like a winning trip on all sides. Total pro pic, too!