Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tues Crit 3/31/09

There was definitely a full field tonight in the A race. Several breaks tried getting away and but nothing got to far out there. Devin actually bridged up to the break but then a couple guys attacked out the break and that put a hurt on him. As for me, I was very pleased with my ride tonight. The wind was blowing and it was key to ride a good wheel. I held good position most of race and only got caught on bad wheels a few times and had to close some gaps to the pack. I bailed after 41 minute effort in the 50 minute race. By that time we were strung out single file and there was no more hiding in the pack. After my dismal performance yesterday it felt good to put in a hard effort today. Plan on doing the Hub ride tomorrow and then taking it easy before Hillsboro Saturday. Still no ambitions for that race since I haven't had any real training time on the bike the last 2 weeks.

No comments: