Sunday, August 3, 2008

3rd Place at the State Criterium and the BRONZE MEDAL

Finished third place in the Missouri State Criterium. It was a very hot and humid day on the course. Around 40 to 45 guys started the race. From the start I didn't feel good at all. I had the feeling that if I did any pulling or rode near the front my day would be over. With that said, I rode in pretty much last place the entire race. I didn't start moving up until the last 3 laps. By that time though I did feel pretty decent and knew that I could make a run for it because I hadn't been up front all day. On the last lap I pushed up to about 14th or so and then as we were heading up a couple quick turns that were on a hill I punched it through a gap and found myself in the sprint for top a top 3 finish. I couldn't reel in the first place finisher and the guy who got second past me maybe like 10 feet from the line. I'm very happy with the race today. Not knowing if I was going to be able to finish the race and then being able to pull off a third place. I caught alot guys by surprise because I was in the back the entire race, some were saying they didnt even know I was in the race! Pictures will come soon

No comments: