Sunday, November 23, 2008

Bubba Night Cross



The night cross race had all the bells, whistles, cheering, and jeering one could ask for. Sadly enough that race did pretty much seal the deal for me, at least for this season as to if I really want to race cross. I have tried to find the "fun" or "the race within a within the race" but it just doesn't click with me. In any hobby I'm involved in, it has to be fun for me. Cyclocross not so much for me. Even without having a competitive mindset at ALL it still isn't fun. When I wasn't competitive on the road, I welcomed the challenge of getting stronger and faster. That challenge was fun. I chatted up lastnight about selling my cross frame but I will not make any rash decisions. I will return to spectator status for the remaining races.
I did get the carbon wheels I ordered off ebay. Once I have my camara I'll post some pics of the wheel bling! My time trial helmet should be in Wednesday too.

2 comments:

El Cavano said...

If you want fun, try mountain biking. I'm hooked!

LC

billh said...

that tombstone is hilarious! oh well, cyclocross is an acquired taste. like any version of cycling, the trick is to find the motivation to suffer. no motivation, no suffering, no racing. I have "historical rivalries" that consist of numerous real or imagined "slights" that keep me going. it is fun to beat the guys who slighted me in the past. and to strive to catch the guys a couple notches ahead. makes for a long season after road, by Dec I am cooked.