Friday, November 14, 2008

EBAY

I've been very fortunate to have very pleasurable experiences on Ebay both buying and selling items. Last Friday I won an auction for a set carbon wheels I had been eyeing and used paypal to pay for them within hours of the auction ending. Naturally when I'm the seller I put things in the mail immediately once I have the money. Lets just say this seller didn't do the same for me. It is now one week later and I have no wheels. The seller has only responded to one email I've sent him. Tonight I had it in mind I would go through the motions of trying to recover my money. I used the Ebay chat session to have my questions answered on what route to go. They recommended I get the sellers phone number. My first thought was why even bother talking to the person that has been the cause of the problem anyway. I did go ahead and request the sellers phone number and did speak with him. Long story short he says he has been really busy but not so busy that he still found time to transfer my money to his account. He says he emailed me the tracking info yesterday and the wheels should get here no later than Wednesday nextweek. I have recieved no such email with tracking info. He is currently not at his residence so he says he will send the tracking number again later this weekend. I will say he has bought himself some time and I don't feel as worried as before but the jury is still out until I have the wheels in hand.

BUYERS BEWARE

No comments: