Monday, July 20, 2009

Soulard

Not much to say about the race except I didn't finish and got it handed to me. No excuses, just didn't have what it took to compete on that day.

Race was fast and strung out from the go. I really thought it would slow up but not soon enough for me as I was at my limit from the go. Devin placed 5th I believe.


The Hub guys in the 4/5 race looked awesome and strong all day. I saw Bill, Lendal, Robert, and Joe representing the jersey well. They pretty much controlled the race and had the announcer giving the Hub a lot of airtime. The results from that race put 3 Hub guys in 2/3/4 place. Good job guys!

Also, this was my buddy Ahmeds first race. He was also in the 4/5 race. I sold him my Scott CR1 Team. So it was fun seeing him get through his first race. The crowd and announcer willed him to the finish. He should start to be out more and more and hopefully improving week by week.

Back in Maryland. Will be back for the State Crit in August.

1 comment:

billh said...

Hope Ahmed sticks with it, looks like he has some talent. I'll keep an eye for him on Hub rides and make sure to check in with him. Bill H.