Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The maiden Voyage

Photobucket
It has been windy here the past 2 days, so much that I wouldn't think of riding a bike. Today the winds died down enough that I took my new wheels on there maiden voyage. I got them yesterday and took them to the shop so they could put my cassette and the new hub on. Once that was done I struggled at putting my tires and tubes on. Really caught me off guard at how much I struggled to get them both on. So by the time I was ready to ride I wasn't in the best of moods. One other thing is putting air in them is not elementary either. Finally set out on the ride and could immediately notice how stiff the wheels are. Going up the ascent I felt like I was riding with bricks on each wheel, so no climbing benefit for me. The wheels performed well though on the flats and once spun up it was easy keeping the speed up. I use speed loosely speaking because on the entire ride I had a headwind which didn't make for a pleasant ride. I was around 3 minutes off my best time on the loop, so the pursuit to beat that time is still on.

Wheels:
2007 Spinergy Stealth SS
1699g per set
black/white spokes

No comments: