Monday, April 28, 2008

Tour of St. Louis wrap up and todays ride

It was great being home and seeing all the The Hub riders out in full force over the weekend. Not to mention the new faces of Hub riders I met over the weekend. I do not feel like going into detail about the races but the quick and dirty is I'm in shape and rode strong on both days. Big thing I need to work on is last lap positioning and staying patient. Sunday I tried leading out Bryan but I exploded a little bit to soon. Bryan still managed to get 7th place though. I'm very excited now to get back to StL so I can race more frequently because this weekend really definitely reignited the flame in me. Not sure what race I'll be back for in May but I can tell you I'm counting down the days and training that much harder to come back and be that much stronger.
Photobucket


For the ride today I thought I would just cruise around town but with the weather being a pleasant 87 degrees I put a nice ride in with a moderate climb. I did notice some differences when I returned to my bike here. My SCOTT in StL has a longer stem thus stretching me out more. I'm going to shorten the stem on the Scott because I like being a bit more compact on the bike.

No comments: