Sunday, October 12, 2008

Back at it Again

Returned to the bike yesterday and today. The return was a filled with much anticipation as they had my new bike ready to roll for me for its maiden voyage. Prior to this weekend we were tweaking a couple things on the bike to get the fit pretty close to perfect. I had new handle bars (ones that came with it were to wide) put on and a shorter stem. So looking good on the new bike I got 30 miles in Saturday on the shop ride. Although I didn't feel good at all and just rode at the bike most of ride it was great to be on the new bike. After that ride I knew the handle bars needed to be raised up so we added some spacers. Wanting to check the fit with the spacers and I went today for a pretty long ride. I got in 65 miles. I rode out to my parents and watched about 30 minutes of the Rams game while there and replenished my bottles. Then I set out towards the loop to grab a quick treat from Smoothie King then out to Forest Park and finally back downtown to my place. The first 30 miles went really well but the last 30 or so were pretty hard because my legs were shot. Big thing is, I think we have the fit of my new bike to my liking. As for what kind of new bike I have, I will post about it later. Lets just say it is very light.

2 comments:

Country Grammar said...

Let's see some pictures of the new ride!!

Wyman

Bike Drool said...

Chris, you need a 2nd "mud" car so you don't mess up your sweet BMW:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bikedrool/sets/72157608146990294/

Buy! Buy! Okay, post some pix of your new bike already!