Sunday, October 26, 2008

new CX bike and my first CX race




Busy day busy day...........Picked up my cx bike Friday after work. Its a Specialized S-Works fitted with a 105 grouppo. I like the fit of it and it definitely fits the entry level of bike I was wanting to piece together. I rode it for like 20 mins Saturday after I got in 30 miles on the road bike. Fast forward to one day later (today) I was doing my first cx race. The course was pretty flat and really suited me well being it was my first ever cx race. I like the vibe and relaxed feel the cx races have. I can't say a whole alot about the race as I was only in for 3 laps. I was sitting in 4th place and then I goofed on a dismount and had to stop and really just walk over the barriers. After that I dropped back to like 8th and here is when my day ended. We were going through a winding section of the course when the guy in front of me washed out his front tire and went down. I'm right behind him and with no where to go, I hit the deck. Falling on to the grass was not that bad but my right hammy just wasn't right after that and it took a few minutes to check the bike out and get back going. Needless to say I did enjoy the cx race and I'm looking forward to racing next weekend. I was in the C race forgot to mention that. Erik took 2nd place for The Hub in this so that was pretty awesome.




My day wasn't over after the bike race. I got recruited to play in basketball league on Sundays too. After the race I headed straight to Priory HS to hit the hardwood. I put in 20 points in a losing effort by our squad. I hadn't played basketball in about 3 months now since my time in California. Overall though the body is pretty beat. I'm pretty much dead tired. Nextweek I've got my Tuesday training ride, Sat morning shop ride, and rolling right into another busy Sunday with cx race and basketball game.




My birthday is this Friday too. Another year in the books.

2 comments:

Boz said...

A Halloween b-day??? Man, doesn't get better than that! Good & bad start to cross. Riding up front but crashing out. There's good and bad news here. Good news is that you can ride at the front, the bad news is that won't be the last time you're on the deck in cross. Just seems to come with riding skinny tires through sand, mud, gravel, and off-cambers. See you again Sunday.

Bike Drool said...

The new Hub kits are looking DOPE!

Happy B-day!!!