Sunday, January 4, 2009

Holiday Break/2009

Well I spent my entire 2 week break in Cleveland, OH. It was very cold and snowed just about every day I was there, not that I had my bike with me anyway. I haven't eaten to crazy but I've still had several days of enjoying the foods I love most. I hope I'm not to far off from where I need to be. Lots of new things happening for 2009. I bought another car and it's something that should suit me better for cycling, I'll put a roof rack on it in the near future. I'm planning on moving from the loft I've been renting month to month since I moved back. I changed jobs at work so I won't be moving back to California as I had planned on so I will probably sign a lease somewhere soon. As for cycling I haven't done anything cycling related for about 3 weeks now. I have thought about riding but with the cold temps I've only done a number of trainer rides. I despise riding in the cold weather. Today, I looked out the window and by the looks it seemed like a nice day to get out. I walked outside and the wind was blowing with the 30 degree temps. I'm definitely a fair weather rider for the most part. This time last year I was living in California and I had no problems riding in 50 degree weather. All you needed was a long sleeve jersey and you were set to ride. With that said I think I will be alittle slower getting back into the swing of things for 09. The season should start for me and few other Hub Racers at the Valley of the Sun Stage Race in Phoenix, AZ next month (Feb 13-15). Teammate Dave Thackrey has done this in years past and I thought it would be cool to travel to a city I have never been to and race my bike while on a quick vacation. I won't be in any shape for the race as I have a TWENTY-ONE day business trip for work that starts this Friday. I won't return until January 30. I'll be out of country so taking my bike isn't an option. I will resort to doing whatever else I can in the hotel to try and be in good physical shape upon my return for a rush of base miles leading up to the event.


While saying good bye to 2008 I went through all the photos I had of me racing and wanted to post my favorite from the 08 season. Below is what I've chosen. This was during the Gateway Cup at Lafeyette Square. I gave a few hard turns on the pedals to go for an early prem and Chris from Big Shark followed me. He ended up winning the prem and I got a 7th place finish that night. I hope the 09 season is as good as the 08 campaign.








1 comment:

Country Grammar said...

What kind of car did you get?
I would highly suggest going with Thule for a roof rack. I have nothing but good things to say about the rack and customer service.

Wyman