Sunday, January 25, 2009

Swap Meet Success

I set out today looking for a few items. One of which I was successful in finding. That item would be a time trial bike and brand new at that. I had played with the notion of building up a frame but ultimately I would spend more money doing that for something entry level than I could if I just got some already put together. Today I picked up an 08 Fuji Aloha. The only items that will get swapped out in the near term are the wheels. In the photo I've already got my Rolf Prima Vigors on it. When racing it I will use my carbon wheels. I just need to get a set of pedals for it and I'm rolling. Having never been to the swap meet I was pretty impressed with the number of things for sale and the large number of people in attendence. While waiting in line to go in we chatted with a guy that drove down from Hannibol, MO just to be there at open to have first pick.

This picture is for you Bryan!! 09 Honda Civic Si black on black is what I'm rolling for 2009. I have a Yakima roof rack from another vehicle that I will put on this once my new clips come in.

I got 2 rides in lastweek. One of which I just tooled around Forest Park and the other was a pretty hard hill laiden ride. The legs felt like they had some life but no real kick and endurance in them. I would like to get in at least 10 more rides outdoors before heading to the stage race in Phoenix, AZ next month. Until then I will get a lot more diligent at getting some trainer time in. After hearing what some guys having already been doing I need to get things rolling although last year I didn't really starting training consistently until February.

2 comments:

Country Grammar said...

The ride is sick Chris! What size engine do you have in it?

Boz said...

Good looking TT bike. Get the fit dialed in and you'll be rocking and rolling. Fuji makes good bikes.