Saturday, January 10, 2009

I've arrived in Japan!!!!!!!!!!

I bring you all greetings from Nagoya, Japan. I arrived here late lastnight after all almost 20 hours of travel time. We encountered several delays which is why it took so long. We flew over on a 747-400. I was in Business Class so we had several nice amenaties to keep you comfortable so the 14 hour flight wasn't bad at all. I watched 4 movies and then took a nap. We met an American woman that was traveling back from North Carolina that had moved to Nagoya 23 years ago and hasn't left! She taught Japanese at an International University and has now retired from that. It was good meeting her because she was able to help us communicate with the gate agents. I ate Mcdonalds lastnight and had to point at what I wanted to order food. Still very surreal being here. I traveled all over the U.S but this is my first trip across the Pacific! Its Sunday morning. I will probably drop a few lines on here as often as I can about whats the haps in Nagoya. A few photos from the flight over below over.

2 comments:

Boz said...

i never get tired of seeing the sun above the blanket of clouds. enjoy your trip ad for heaven's sake eat some sashimi and nigiri sushi.

Airmen said...

Definitely going to get some suishi and sashimi. We get in so late and everything was closed near the hotel except the golden arches which is open 24 hours.