Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hillsboro and Tilles results

Not to much to say about my race at Hillsboro Saturday. This was my first race in the Cat 3 ranks here. We were scheduled for 66. On the first lap one of our guys (Mark) got into a break that actually stuck the entire race. Once he was gone in the break Hub guys just soft pedaled on the front of the pelaton allowing the break to gain valuable seconds on the field. I held on for about half way through the second lap and then hit the fan. I rode in with fellow Hubbers Dan and Dave. We called it day after 44 miles. Mark crossed the line in 5th place, Devin I believe 16 and Ryan around 25. Good day for the Hub.

Today, I was just hoping to actually finish after the Hillsboro blow up. I lined it up for the 3/4 race. We were on tap for 50 minutes plus 4 laps. El groupo remained el compacto most of the race. A few guys tried breaking away but nothing stuck. Through the entire 50 minutes I felt very good and even worked in the top 5 positions for a few laps. In the final four laps I started to move towards the front with 2 go and with one to go I was sitting like fourth wheel. This would prove to be to far up because by the time we made 3/4 arounds the course I was FIRST wheel heading up to the final left before the finish. Right now I don't have the kick to be able to hold that position and lay it down from that far out. So as we entered the turn guys swarmed around me and I came out the saddle to salvage a 12th place finish. Devin cruised in for 3rd, again he has been killing it and will continue put it down. I leave that race feeling pretty good knowing that my legs are coming around.

No comments: