Sunday, April 26, 2009

Tour of St. Louis Run Down

Great weather was upon us for another weekend of racing. Saturday was a new course held downtown that was pretty straight forward. A guy from KC got off the front and was able to stick for the win. In the field sprint I was bit further back than I would have liked and didn't have legs to close on anyone. I finshed in 14th place. I'm happy with that but I know I can do better. DEVIN finished 3rd and I've said this before but dude is a ROCK STAR. He is killing it in the 3s to bad he will moving on up as I have enjoyed racing with him.


Today, we were at Carondelet racing on a familiar course (Tues Crit) that was extended out to make it a circuit race. A couple breaks tried getting away early but nothing would stick. In the last 5 laps Devin landed in the winning break. Alittle earlier when he was out there I made my way to the front to slow things down. I was up there with a Mesa rider (Matt F.) who also had a guy in the break and we both had the same intentions up there. Out of the field sprint I was again a bit boxed in but I finished 12th in the race.

For the weekend I was just out of the money and only a few places away from reaching my goal of a top ten finish. I have a couple tweaks I will make to my tactics and see if that will land me up there. I am happy with where I am at now though.

I'll be adding a picture tab soon.

BAM

No comments: