Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Must be the weather

Last Tuesday it was a bit chilly and just a gloomy day for the Tues Worlds. I didn't really feel like riding today but I had not been on the bike since last Wednesday. I figured if I'm racing this weekend I should get out to wake the legs up. Devin tried getting into a few breaks early on. Once he was out there Alex and I went to the front to ride tempo to give the break some room. We were up there for almost a full lap before others came around. A few laps later Devin lost contact with the group and rejoined the field. Fast forward to last lap, I'm on Devins wheel with Grman behind me, we take the outside line coming up the hill. Devin comes out the saddle and I lose his wheel, he puts like 2 bike lengths on me and I couldn't catch back on to try and shoot out from behind him. All I could hear from behind was Grman yelling "SPRINT CHRIS!!!!!!" I felt like I was moving in slow motion, no one came around me but I like said I couldn't catch Devin. So the last two weeks out the field sprint I'm right there. Still need more time on the bike and I'll be ready to hopefully make some noise. Didn't eat again today, so I did not feel the greatest after the race. Have to really work on that for my week day rides.

No comments: