Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday night beat down

In an effort to get back in shape relatively quickly I decided tonight to really push the envelope. Taking some pretty hard pulls at the front until the legs really just didn't have it anymore. I rode to my limit tonight and at one point I was dropped then willed myself back to the chase group sprinting on to catch the back not giving up while letting out loud screams of anger! Felt good to go to that limit. I would have usually called it a day when first dropped, not tonight. I recovered and put in a few more pulls before hitting the wall again. I felt bad briefly because I rode this guys tire the last 2 miles or so, all the way in. Kind of odd though, when it was his turn to pull through he would say sitting on or something and not do work in the paceline. So I didn't feel bad about letting him tow me in. He tried sprinting or dropping me on the final stretch but since he towed I figured I wouldnt even sprint past him, could have done it easily but for what eh?

Tues worlds tomorrow.

No comments: