Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thursday RIDE

Winds stayed down and I was able to get in the 26 mile loop. Time was 1:16:17. My new best time for the loop is 1:15:22 which I did last Thursday prior to the Tour of St.Louis. I'm thinking I can keep knocking more time off, the biggest area I can gain or make time up on is on the back stretch but it usually happens that the wind is blowing on that side of the course just enough to throw things off. Tonight what I did notice was the difference between riding a carbon wheel and the a regular wheel without a dish on it. I deeper dish wheel is definitely an advantage for time trials and really just carrying speed. I would bet if I had these wheels for the time trial in St. Louis I would have shaved a few seconds off my time along with carrying a faster average for the 9 miles.

No comments: