Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend and A big fat DNF

Quick and dirty, only took the bike out once lastweek before heading up to Orange County for the weekend. I did a race in Long Beach, it was a crit that was scheduled for 45 mins plus 5. Lets just I say only hung around for 26 minutes of that. Pace was very quick on a flat .7 of mile course. From what I heard from the locals this course was one that was raced often kind of like the Carondelet course of the Tuesday Night Worlds in back in St. Louis. Not sure what was all wrong with me, but I felt like I was pushing the limit and that doesn't mix well with asthma. I usually ride with my inhaler in my back pocket but that day I forgot it in the car. So I shut it down at the 26th minute. Prior to though, I did put in big effort to change and start and break with 3 others, we had maybe 5 secs on the field. Then 5 others joined and us while I was putting in a pull at the front. I look back and see the field charging so I pull off the front and let the others work up. After this lap and half up front I was pretty tired and just sat in after that to recover but could never really settled back down. I've got 2 weeks of work in Vegas before moving back to St. Louis and hopefully being ready for the Webster Groves Crit.

No comments: