Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Racing in CALi

First things first I haven't been on my bike since Sunday. I have been feeling pretty fatigued the past few days. I wanted to get some miles in today but the wind was gusting at 33 mph. I can hopefully get back out manana to freshen the legs up.

As for the race, I signed up for a race in Bakersfield, CA this Sunday. Definitely last minute as far as me being mentally ready. I think I have gotten in enough miles to be able to put up a fight. The race is 62 miles with 1,669 ft of elevation gain. I'm very nervous to say the least about lining the bike up this Sunday. A lot going on in my head.......what wheel to follow, what break to be in, what break to let go, should I make a move, etc etc. Goal I guess will just be to let my race come to me and see what happens.

This is a video preview of the course of Sundays race


I'm also thinking about doing a Crit in Long Beach on Memorial Day, more on that to come once I'm registered.

Also, I picked up some wheel bling from a former Big Shark racer that has moved out East to PHilly. I'm hoping to have them for the race on Sunday.

No comments: