Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wagon Wheel Lunch time ride

I made it out today for my first one of these rides this year. This ride goes out weekly. Today there was a group of 6 or 7. The ride has slight two gradual ascents. On the second ascent I found myself out front and being chased by the group. One guy did catch me before I made it to the turn around point. Two things happened leading up to him catching me, the first my chain fell off. I had to hop off bike and get it back on and when I got back on bike he was one bike length in front me. I caught him and then attacked leaving him at least 7/8 bike lengths behind me and I thought this would be enough to hold him off but he caught and passed me beating me up to the turn around point. The ride is an out back and on the return the group stayed together hammering all the way back in. Pretty fun ride.

No comments: