Monday, March 31, 2008

Chris vs Virtual Chris

So tonight I used the virtual partner to race against my previous recorded time on my 26 mile loop. The feature on the Garmin puts two triangles on your predetermined route. Once you start the course the dark triangle is you real time and the lighter traingle is the previous time you rode. What I don't like about the feature so far is that it doesn't give a time hack of how far ahead or behind you are of your previous time. On the ascent out I was ahead of my previous time and kept a pace which I'm guessing was only a few seconds faster than my previous time but my lead was gone by time I was on the back stretch and saw the virtual me propel out in front not to be caught. It was pretty cool to "race" if you will against the virtual me. Only thing I dont like is the virtual time does not take into account weather conditions, ie the wind slapping me in the face on the back stretch but it's still a great training tool. I finished about a minute and 21 seconds off my previous time. Legs still feeling pretty good, just want to keep the momentum going.

Also, I've been looking at grabbing some new wheels. They will definitely be new to me, but off the used market. Thinking about a carbon clincher. More on that to come.



Photobucket
Photobucket