Saturday, March 22, 2008

they are ALIVE

Todays ride 55 miles and 3500 feet of climbing. Started out taking it pretty easy up first climb but the second climb Tim started to pick things up leaving behind the slower group. So our group of 4 continued on pressing out. Goal today was really just to stay strong and not get dropped. I usually bonk on one of the many climbs so definitely didn't want that to happen. I felt pretty strong for much of the ride today. I know I'm feeling good when I pull more out of initiative versus it just being my turn. Definitley a good sign that my legs are alive this year. Same feeling as yesterday though, I really wish I had the Garmin to track the stats for the ride. Total saddle time was about 3.5 hrs with one stop to refill bottles. Overall I think I'm right where I want to be in my training. Just don't want to get burnt out. Not really knowing exactly what races I will be back for its just nice to be getting the miles in on the bike.


Photo of Tim as we are getting ready to make our way up another long steady ascent.
Photobucket

No comments: