Friday, March 21, 2008

Rolling again

Worked only a few hours today so I was able to pull the bike a tad bit earlier than usual. Weather was perfect today about 73 and su un un un un ny. I couldn't wait to get out there and push it. Goal of the day was to beat my usual time of 1.5 hr around the loop. I figured I could make up most of the time on the slight ascent out of town. So I really pushed it getting out of town. Once I made it up I was pretty winded but for the next few miles its down hill so I used this time to recover. Then it was just about keeping a steady pace and cadence. I ran into a few windy areas on the back stretch but nothing to bad. So as I made my right turn to for the last 13 miles (usually where I can really get it going) the winds hit. It was pretty consistent for a few miles and then I only caught it in a few areas. Mentally and physically the winds really do a number a me. I thought a great day wasn't going to be so great. The winds did disappear once I got a few miles out and my legs came to life. Nothing unusual finishing up and to my surprise I arrived back to my door 5 minutes faster than usual. Mind you I'm using rough calculations here. I look at my phone as I'm leaving from the house and simply look at again when I get back. Can you say GARMIN PLEASE GET HERE!!! It is supposed to arrive on Monday so maybe I'll have some official numbers for that ride.

After a good ride one needs a good meal......for me tonight it was chicken queso served up by non other than me.
Photobucket

Tomorrow I'm going to do the "Sho N Go" ride here. These rides are usually pretty long in the 60-80 mile range. People show up and choose a ride and head out. taking the camera so should have some photos.

No comments: