Sunday, March 23, 2008

GARMIN = DATA TIME and the Sunday Ride

So my Garmin Edge 205 arrived yesterday afternoon. A little disappointed I couldn't have had it in time for the ride yesterday but there was no way in the world that I wouldn't put it to the test today. So today I went to do the ride I do on Mondays and Wednesdays so I could have a baseline ride to compete against. After going pretty hard yesterday I thought would not push at all today.....but the weather being so nice 75ish I couldn't resist from seeing what kind of time I could put up. So off I went. Garmin tells me I made it around the loop in 1:16:27 of moving time. With total elevation change of 741 ft and a total distance of 25.98 miles. Below is a screen shot from motionbased.com who has teamed with GARMIN to provide more analysis tools and allows to you share rides. The basic account is free (which is what I have for now) but for $11.95 a month you can have access to more ways to look at data. I'll probably upgrade to this since I'll be training solo pretty much for the next few months until I return to StL. Day one with Garmin and motionbased.com I'm more than satisfied and ready to ride ride ride ride.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

It is definitely not as big as I had anticipated.
Photobucket

No comments: