Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ride + 20 mph head wind = One tough day

So today the wind was really throwing me around on the hill out of town and most of the back stretch of the loop. I figured since I couldn't really work on besting my time around the loop per say I would just work on setting a decent pace while not letting the wind knock me down. All in all I'm pretty happy with the ride today. I usually get back in about 1.5 hr but today I was closer to 2. Riding by myself this much lately is definitely a mental test. No one pushing me, no coach yelling to "pick it up," and really just no one in sight. I do remember one saying that we all know is that you are only cheating yourself if you loaf during a workout. One thing that really keeps wanting to be on my bike and pushing is the weather. Today it was 75, just perfect for the ride. Not traveling this weekend so I'll catch up with the local "sho n go" ride one day this weekend for a long ride. One thing is for sure I didn't ride this consistently when I was in Maryland for most of last year, which is definitely why I had a lack luster showing at the races I made it back for in St. Louis.


PeAcE

No comments: