Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Ride today

So biking solo really isn't my thing. I really enjoy the company of others and most importantly for training purposes having someone faster than you on the ride definitely will up your game at the same time. Before we get to my ride today, prior to, I have only been out a few times so far in 08. Kind of surprising cause I'm in CA where the weather hasn't been all bad but in the desert we still got daily highs in the 40's some days and morning temps were easily in the 20's. Here there are no organized group rides in the evenings. Kick in SELF MOTiVATION to get out there on my own. I've committed to riding the INYO LOOP consisting of 26.8 miles and 738 feet of climbing on Mondays and Wednesdays. Here this is known as one of the easier loops, because it doesn't have alot of the climbing and elevation change. I chose this because getting off work at 4:45 pm I can be on the bike by 5 and make it back before sunset. Today I got a late start. Left my house at 5:30 and arrived back at 7 on the nose and it the sun was just about down. I asked a friend I work with to come snag a few photos of me making my way around the route. My roommate is also pretty big into photography so I'm hoping I can get him out when I make way up 9 mile canyon. I just got my kit in from the club I rode with when I was in Maryland I really like the colors in it. Reminds me where are the new The HUB KITS!!!?!?!?!?!?




INYO LOOP3


INYO LOOP2


INYO LOOP1


actually feeling pretty good on the ride here, the climb out of town hurts the most but the rest is pretty flat. I need to get a new CATEYE for the bike haven't ridden with one for sometime now but since I will be riding solo I do want to track mileage and average.





2 comments:

MThornton said...

Dude, who was taking the photos!!?? LOL Welcome to blog-land.

Unknown said...

Hey Chris,

I was thinking about you on my ride today. Mostly thinking "Hey, where the H#!! is that guy?". So now I know. Off some place with warmth and mountains wearing someone else's team kit!

Good to hear from you. keep up the blog!

Adam
fellow Hubster